As an aside: for people excited about Falcon!Cap but not a fan of Remender, it seems that he’ll be playing a more prominent role in Mighty Avengers. I’m not sure how it’s going to play out in the main Avengers titles, whether he’s going to be taking Steve’s place in Avengers or Uncanny Avengers, but if you’re looking for a quality title with Falcon!Cap then I cannot recommend Mighty Avengers enough.
I saw that phone helpline masterpost and thought, hey, lots of people don’t like phone conversations and will literally refuse to call someone, so that can be really unhelpful! So for anyone following me who happens to be in that boat, I give you:
TrevorChat and Trevor Text: Online IM service and texting service for LGBTQ+ youth who need to talk to someone.
IMAlive: Online suicide prevention/crisis intervention network for anyone who needs to talk to someone but can’t/won’t use a phone.
7 Cups of Tea: A site for venting about your troubles to volunteers trained in active listening.
RAINN: The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network offers an online helpline.
Lifeline Crisis Chat: A partner of the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, offers an online chat.
RAINN and 7 Cups of Tea are available globally.
(Disclaimer: have not used any of these myself, so I cannot confirm with first-hand experience that these will all definitely help you, but I have heard good things)
Remember that if you or someone else is in immediate danger, you should call 911, even if you hate phones.
the fact that i have seen steve and bucky living in clint’s brooklyn building exactly one time in a very small part of an alright at best fic is tragic
i mean just imagine it:
- bucky and steve over the moon to be living in a building that reminds them of where they lived before the war even though it’s kind of crappy it’s PERFECT for them
- clint and kate and bucky and steve teaming up to fight crime together like o m g
- cap getting rid of the bros in like 30 seconds every time they show up if clint needs to get this shit done quick so they can fight bigger and better crime clint what did you even do to start this
- BUCKY BABYSITTING
- EVERYONE BEING BFFS WITH GRILLS
- bucky and kate having sass fests and fistbumping when they say something hilarious about their respective bff
- madame masque kidnapping steve and bucky to get back at kate or something really dumb like that and steve and bucky being like are you even serious rn like OKAY THEN
- ‘hawkeye' 'hawkeye' 'captain america' 'captain america' IF YOU WANTED TO GO THAT FAR JUST SAYING
- STEVE AND BUCKY FEEDING PIZZA TO PIZZA DOG
- clint secretly fanboying every single day about cap living like two floors down to kate and kate just rolling her eyes like CLINT I KNOW I SAW STEVE DOING HIS LAUNDRY IN THE BASEMENT THIS MORNING AND EVERYTHING and clint being like oh yeah right…so does he actually only wear red white and blue underwear i have a bet going and kate just puts her head on the table and thinks how did i even
WHY IS THIS NOT A COMMON THING???
- bucky and steve start saying ‘this looks bad’ before beating people up. the other avengers give them weird looks. clint smirks.
- bucky getting pissed when kate eventually kicks his ass at archery (but just archery. he’s still better at shooting a gun. goddammit.)
- literally kate bishop and mcu!bucky barnes please just think about it for a moment
- MOVIE NIGHTS
- LITERALLY THEM JUST HANGING OUT AND BECOMING BEST BROS AND SOMETIMES LETTING SAM AND NATASHA
- AND BEING 100% DOMESTIC
- IN BUT THEN TONY DROPS BY UNANNOUNCED ONE DAY AND SEES THE FOUR OF THEM SQUISHED TOGETHER ON THE COUCH PLAYING PORTAL OR WATCHING BLADE RUNNER (‘STEVE IT IS MY FAVORITE HOW HAVE YOU NOT SEEN IT YET IT IS PERFECT’) OR WHATEVER
- AND TONY IS JUST LIKE ‘WH. WHAT. NO. NO YOU CANNOT LEAVE ME OUT OF THIS. YOU ARE NOT GETTING AWAY WITH THIS.’ SO HE PULLS OUT HIS PHONE TO GET EVIDENCE IF HE NEEDS TO BLACKMAIL ANY OF THEM MATER
- AND THEN HE JUST SORT OF LAYS ON TOP OF THEM WITHOUT ANOTHER WORD
- AND THE FOUR OF THEM JUST LOOK AT EACH OTHER AND SHRUG AND KEEP DOING WHATEVER IT IS THEY’RE DOING AND WAIT FOR PEPPER TO COME COLLECT HIM
do not, i repeat, do not
think about your favorite character’s face when they orgasm, especially after an agonizingly slow build of teasing and foreplay that lasts for hours
don’t imagine the relief in their eyes right before they close them
don’t imagine the sounds of their ecstasy as they finally hit that sweet spot
don’t imagine every line and muscle in their body tense and arching as they ride the aftershocks
don’t imagine the way they sag and pant and smile afterward, drawing their partner close to their sweat-slicked body
just don’t do that to yourself